A well respected makeup artist once told a crowd during a lecture that there wont ever be any “new” makeup looks you will ever see or create that haven’t been done before. In the span of time makeup has been considered an art, we have seen it all as far as beauty goes with the canvas changing the way the application looks. Then Katie Alves happened.
Just 21 years old, the young Katie Alves brought back the possibility that maybe we haven’t seen it all, and that is very exciting news! Her scenic eye and lip looks have been spotted everywhere from trades to blogs and her unique point of view is gaining much deserved mass attention. While interesting designs for the eyes and lips are not a new idea, the detail and painting skills mix with her inspirations to leave admirers in awe.
Halloween by Katie Alves
We got to snag a quick Q & A interview with the lovely artist! Read on to find out more about her art.
Q: Who is Katie Alves?
A: Katie Alves is a make-up artist that uses traditional eyeshadows and liquid eyeliners to create scenes on her eyes, lips and face
Alice in Wonderland by Katie Alves
Q: Who or what initially began your journey into makeup artistry?
A: It was Halloween! I wanted to do something different for Halloween, so I got the idea to do a scene on my lips! I pretty much tried it to see if I could do it. Turns out I could, so I continued onto eyes
Fairy Eyes by Katie Alves
Q: Over the past month or so, we have seen your work floating around every corner of the internet. What does it mean for you as an artist to gain such quick circulation?
A: It’s incredible! If I was doing this back in the 80s, I would probably be just some creepy person that draws on her eyes at night. Thanks to the internet, I can post my pictures and people from all over the world can view it!
Lion King by Katie Alves
Q: It is obvious that you have inspired so many artists in a very unique way. What inspires you?
A: Lately my followers have been my inspiration! They’ve been so supportive and they give me so many amazing ideas!
Nightmare Before Christmas by Katie Alves
Q: The color payoff in your art is amazing. What is your favorite product or tools for creating your smaller more intricate works of art?
A: My favourite tool, which I use for the tiny details, I use a pin. Nothing else seems to be small enough for the tiny details!
Valentine by Katie Alves
Q: On that note, as an artist would you say your product or your tools are more important in getting the final product you want?
A: That’s definitely hard to say. My designs would be nothing without my products, but without my pin, I wouldn’t be able to do all of the small details that I do!
City Eyes by Katie Alves
Q: If you could offer one fantastic application trick, what would it be?
A: For brighter eyeshadow, put down the same colour eyeliner. It helps the eyeshadow stick and also blocks the skin tone!
Outer Space by Katie Alves
Q: What can we look forward to seeing from you in the future?
A: I’d like to do some more Disney designs, but I’m actually thinking about making a calendar with my full face designs. Each design would represent each month!
Recent commentsBlog comments powered by Disqus
- porzellanfrosch likes this
- make-upmagic reblogged this from dailychiaroscuro
- izza-illusion reblogged this from dailychiaroscuro
- lop-sided-box likes this
- cashncream likes this
- plentyoffishyguys likes this
- your-fly-babe likes this
- nutterbutter31 likes this
- star800light likes this
- slience-istruth reblogged this from dailychiaroscuro
- memoirsof-thefallenangel likes this
- hollow-hearted-heart-departed likes this
- fuckyogame likes this
- mindylikescake reblogged this from flamingograce
- flamingograce reblogged this from dailychiaroscuro
- vampyrr likes this
- indeepspace likes this
- ytsircrehlove reblogged this from dailychiaroscuro
- shame-on-meow likes this
- toblerocho reblogged this from katiealves
- toblerocho likes this
- hapikohw reblogged this from dailychiaroscuro
- kaede90 reblogged this from dailychiaroscuro
- obabehofer likes this
- snort-pixie-dust reblogged this from katiealves
- khandeetaaylaar likes this
- and-so-i-fly reblogged this from hilaryoncesaid
- hilaryoncesaid reblogged this from dailychiaroscuro
- ronenreblogs reblogged this from katiealves
- thehattersgardenofsecrets reblogged this from dailychiaroscuro
- mcaddin likes this
- book-of-answers likes this
- oh-life-why reblogged this from katiealves
- theladyflash likes this
- onceupon-longago likes this
- ktkinz likes this
- trippybubblewrap reblogged this from pinktubbycustard
- trippybubblewrap likes this
- pinktubbycustard reblogged this from katiealves
- pinktubbycustard likes this
- an-accidentalmemory reblogged this from dailychiaroscuro
- kelsieblah reblogged this from katiealves
- mellyjellybelly1 likes this
- just-an-artist-and-his-muse likes this
- kittycathlin reblogged this from katiealves and added:
- cr-ania reblogged this from katiealves
- bluehospitality likes this
- catreid reblogged this from katiealves
- catreid likes this
- phloppysnook likes this